Here is a sample Hanukkah tea party menu that replaces classic tea party specialties, for the traditional favorite foods that come with the Jewish celebration:
- For finger sandwiches, combine the classic lox tea sandwiches with hummus sandwiches, and carrots & raisins sandwiches.
- Replace the scones with small potato and sweet potato latkes. Serve them with the traditional sour cream and apple or cranberry sauce, instead of clotted cream and jam.
- For sweets, we suggest raspberry chocolate rugalach, shortbread or butter cookies decorated with blue frosting, Hanukkah sufganiyot, and of course, chocolate gelt (or Hanukkah money).
Two additional tips:
- When having a tea party during Chanukah, we recommend that you light the menorah at sunset, prior to the evening prayers, following the custom of the Vilna Gaon.
- View our Hanukkah Tea Party Pinterest board for decoration ideas and inspiration.